I LOVE lists.
There are a multitude of notepads filled to the brim with random lists scattered throughout my house.
Lists help me organize my thoughts. Even if I don’t lay my eyes on a list ever again, there is something about writing it down that makes it easier for me to remember.
With the fall season practically on our doorstep, I think it’s time for a Fall To Do List.
I like to go into each new season armed with an assortment of activities for our family. As a stay-at-home mom, I am always at risk of getting stuck in a rut doing the same things over and over again.
It only takes a moment, however, to create of list of fresh, enjoyable activities to do for the upcoming season. This way, I have something to consult if I am ever scrambling for ideas of what to do with W during the day.
The Good Family’s Fall To Do List
- Apple Picking
- Make delicious desserts with apples!
- Go for a hayride
- Attend the local high school’s football game
- Pumpkin picking
- Carve a pumpkin & roast the seeds
- Make pumpkin and apple pie
- Rake leaves into a big pile and jump in (we have our own trees now with the new house)
- Make my own stock. Here’s an easy recipe I found over at Ten at the Table.
- Make some tasty soups for my family
- Gather leaves and make an art project. Check out a list of 8 Leaf Activities for Kids by Hands On As We Grow.
- Decorate the house with fall decor
- Create a fun halloween costume for W; see how long Zig lasts before he chews his costume off
- Organize our new home. Learn about our recent move in 5 Ways to Make Moving Easier with Baby.
- Get to know our new neighborhood
- Go fly a kite! Here’s an easy tutorial on How to Make a Garbage Bag Kite by 2 Little Hooligans.
- Train for the Philly Half Marathon. (See Running in the City vs. Running in the Suburbs)
- Make a delicious tapas-style meal for Sunday Football (Go Eagles!!)
- Go on a nature walk around our new yard
- Visit the zoo
- Visit the local parks
- Have a fall-themed picnic
- Try out a new local restaurant (See 6 Tips for Dining Out with Baby)
- Plan some exercises to do inside before the weather takes a turn
- Plan LOTS of indoor activities to keep W busy when winter comes
Well, I better get started so we can finish before winter! Do you make lists? What would be on your Fall To-Do List?
Don’t forget to sign up for an e-mail subscription below!