If I was stranded on an island and I had to choose one fruit tree to grow on the island I would definitely choose an apple tree.
Apples are not only my favorite fruit, they are one of my favorite foods in general. They are easy to eat, very versatile and absolutely delicious.
I have recently discovered W shares my love for apples as well. No surprise there, really.
We often eat apples together even though W usually ends up in tears.
He doesn’t quite understand that you can’t eat the core.
Since we are getting ready for the approaching Fall season (read about my Fall To-Do List), I have decided to share one of my favorite, easy, apple recipes that your baby will love just as much as you!
Cinnamon Apple Fries are the perfect snack. I was a little nervous to give W apples when he first started learning to eat (Read about How the Baby Demanded Baby Led Weaning) since there’s a risk for baby to bite off a big, choking-hazard piece.
When you bake apples, however, they are the perfect texture for babies still learning to chew. The fry-shape is also great for babies who haven’t quite mastered the pincher grasp.
Finally, my Cinnamon Apple Fries have an added bonus for the Good Family- no crying over the core.
Take a look at my recipe below.
Cinnamon Apple Fries
- 1 or 2 apples (I used granny smith apples)
- cinnamon, to taste
- a stick of butter, to spread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on a baking sheet to prevent sticking.
- Peel apple(s) and cut them into fry-shape.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on each apple stick.
- Toss the apple sticks with some cinnamon in a bowl.
- Line them up on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness.
What is your favorite apple dish? Are you an apple pie lover or would you like nothing more than to enjoy a crisp, juicy apple raw? Let me know in the comment section below!
If you would like more recipes from The Good Mama, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter.