Apples are just about my favorite food in this whole world. I can’t get enough of them. During pregnancy, I crave them all. the. time. I could probably eat three a day and still not get sick of them.
Apples are one of the reasons why I love the Fall season so much. We have quite a few apple orchards in our area, so we have plenty of opportunity to pick our own apples. We had such a great time picking apples last year with my niece and W; I hope we’ll be able to do it again (if baby #2 cooperates).
Even though I like nothing more than to relax outside on a beautiful fall day, munching on a crisp (Gala are my favorite) apple. Thanks to the magic of Pinterest, I have discovered lots of other inventive and tasty-looking uses for apples.
From simple recipes like homemade crunchy apple chips to more decadent bites like apples, honey and goat cheese crostini recipe, this list has something for all apple lovers.
12 Easy Apple Snack Recipes
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups by Happy Healthy Mama are a perfect snack for toddlers and moms. I’m sure I’ll end up calling these Apple Cinnamon “Cookies.” I love anything healthy I can pass off as a cookie to my son.
- I’m really into recipes that don’t require a whole lot of time or energy. These Cinnamon Apple Energy Bites by Recipe Runner don’t require any baking at all. Plus, they’ll give you the boost of energy you need to stay in the kitchen to cook up dinner!
- Who else misses fruit roll-ups? Try Apple Cinnamon Fruit Leather, a much healthier version, by Baked by Rachel.
- If you are making apple chips, it’s really difficult to get the perfect crunchy, not-chewy texture. Living Sweet Moments shares the trick to getting that crunchy chip with her Homemade Crunchy Apple Chips.
- I love apple sauce and I love how easy this recipe is from Practical Stewardship. I often don’t feel like making my own, but this Ridiculously-Easy Apple Sauce Recipe is so simple.
- I’ve made Pumpkin Butter before and it was a huge hit. This Fast Apple Butter Recipe by A Thrifty Mom looks absolutely delicious. Plus, you can’t beat a recipe with fast in the title.
- How cute are these Apple Sandwiches by Cincy Shopper? What kid wouldn’t want to eat that adorable apple sandwich?
- Apples, Honey and Goat Cheese Crostini by What Jew Wanna Eat are the perfect appetizer for your upcoming Fall Harvest party. Oh, you’re not having one? You could just whip up a bunch of these tasty treats and eat them all yourself.
- My Cinnamon Apple Fries are so easy to make and your toddler will love them!
- The words “healthy” and “apple crisp” don’t usually go in the same sentence together, so I’m super thrilled to try out this Healthy Peanut Butter Apple Crisp for Two from The Creative Bite.
- Again, “healthy” and “muffins” aren’t words you typically find in the same recipe. These Healthy Cinnamon Sugar Apple Muffins by A Pinch of Yum look so amazingly good I wouldn’t even care if they were healthy or not. It’s just a bonus at this point!
- I recently read an article about all the health benefits of hummus, including it’s ability to reduce cancer and facilitate weight management. Well, it’s a good thing hummus is one of my favorites! The only thing better than hummus is … Apple Spiced Hummus by A Saucy Kitchen. Seriously, how good does that sound?
For more fun Fall recipes, crafts and more, follow my All About the Fall Harvest Pinterest Board.
I love apple desserts and snacks so these all look awesome! I used to eat apple fruit roll ups as a kid and haven’t had one in a long time.
Melissa recently posted…Before I Had Kids…….
Gala apples are my favorite too! Unfortunately, I forgot that I just bought some and they were just not 100% perfect so I gave them to our pigs. Too bad I hadn’t seen this yesterday or else I may have salvaged them and made something! Bummer! Next time though! <3 Christine, The Choosy Mommy, http://www.choosykids.blogspot.com
Love this! So many great recipes, and my whole family loves apples. The healthy cinnamon sugar muffins and apple hummus look delish! Thanks for sharing!
Ahhhh can’t believe it’s already apple season!!!! So many good recipes!
Wow do I LOVE apple! This is amazing! Pinned and stumbled!
Kristen recently posted…Pumpkin Playdough Recipe
I’ve been eating two apples a day right now, but granny smith are my favourite 🙂 I really want to try the energy bites! They look so good.
Alana recently posted…10 + Tips For Parenting Through Difficult Toddler Behaviour
Some of these sound really interesting, especially the apple spiced hummus! I love fall, it is definitely my favorite season and I love apples! I prefer Mutsu but my boys like Pink Lady the best. We always make and can applesauce so that we can have the yumminess all year round. 🙂
Rebekah @ Surviving Toddlerrhood recently posted…Bumpdate: 34 Weeks
My younger toddler is LOVING apples right now…and you have some great ideas here. I especially like the oatmeal cups and the muffins. The greta thing is, if neither of my boys want them..I can always consumer the leftovers! ha
Aubrey @ 53 Weeks recently posted…My Son Can’t Have Pink Sneakers
OOh love them all! Thanks for including my crostini!