This week is all about blogging. (Read about What to Expect at Your First Blog Conference).
So, as I was deciding what recipe to post this week my mind went straight to pumpkins.
Bloggers LOVE pumpkins.
How do I know this?
At this very moment, there are tens of thousands of bloggers all over the internet posting pumpkin activities, editing photographs of pumpkins, and pinning pumpkin-flavored recipes.
Well, I’m jumping on the pumpkin bandwagon!
Since I like my recipes healthy and easy, I have decided to share my pumpkin butter recipe.
This addicting spread is a healthier alternative to butter or jelly on toast. It would also be delicious mixed in your morning oatmeal!
I received my inspiration from Very Best Baking’s pumpkin butter, but changed it up so W could eat it with me (i.e. took out the sugar).
So, if you are in the mood to get into the Fall Spirit, try out my sugar-free, guilt-free pumpkin butter!
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup honey* *If your child is under a year, you can just leave the honey out.
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Combine pumpkin puree, apple sauce, honey, pumpkin pie spice, lemon juice, and cinnamon sticks in a pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture reaches a boil, turn the temperature to low and bring to a simmer.
- Let the pumpkin butter simmer while stirring frequently for 20-25 minutes until pumpkin butter thickens.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks, let it cool, then enjoy!
I hope you enjoy my pumpkin butter recipe! Do you love all of the pumpkin recipes or are you already over them? What are some of your favorite pumpkin recipes? Let me know in the comment section below!
Would you like more easy, healthy recipes? Subscribe to The Good Mama’s newsletter below.