If you have been reading my blog you know that I don’t believe exercise has to be a big production.
Sometimes we just don’t have the time to change into our special workout outfit, go out and buy fancy weights or head to the gym for two hours.
You can still maintain your fitness without sacrificing your valuable time.
For instance, a medicine ball is a weighted ball that can be used in a variety of different fat burning exercises.
Don’t have a medicine ball? No problem!
Since Fall is upon us, you won’t make it too far without tripping over a pumpkin.
Pumpkins are everywhere!
Fat Burning Exercises with a Pumpkin
*This post contains an affiliate link, and, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase.
Before working out I always like to warm up for 5-10 minutes. I like to do jumping jacks, jump rope, run in place or run around my yard. It’s important to warm up your muscles before you start to lift.
1. Pumpkin Pushup: Start in a plank position with your hands on the pumpkin. Slowly lower down then push up. *Note: You can modify this workout by going on your knees.
2. Lunges with Pumpkin: Start in a standing position with your feet together and the pumpkin up by your chest. Take a step out in front of your bending your knee in a lunge position. Slowly lower the pumpkin to the outside of your knee as you go down. Repeat on the other side.
3. Deep squat with overhead press: With a straight back squat deeply bringing the pumpkin down by your feet. Then, slowly rise up and push the pumpkin above your head.
4. Pumpkin jump: Stand behind the pumpkin with slightly bent knees. Jump over the pumpkin making sure to bend your knees on the landing.
5. Ab Twist: Sit on the ground with the pumpkin in your hands with bent elbows. Lean back slightly. Slowly twist the pumpkin from the right to the left working your ab muscles.
Once you are finished cooling off, be sure to cut that pumpkin open, scoop out the seeds and roast them for a tasty snack!
Interested in some more medicine ball/pumpkin fat burning exercises? Check out 25 Must-Try Medicine Ball Exercises on Greatist.
Unfortunately, pumpkin season will come to an end. Here’s a top-reviewed medicine ball to purchase for those long winter months.
Have you ever tried an unconventional workout? Let me know what it was in the comment section below!