Naps are one of the most amazing things in this world. There’s nothing like a good, power nap right in the middle of the day to boost your energy and wipe away some of that endless fatigue that so often accompanies motherhood.
Now, if only I could somehow make my stubborn toddler see the beauty of the nap.
You don’t know how good you have it! You have the opportunity to enjoy uninterrupted sleep for 2-3 hours (however long you want, really) every, single day.
Toddlers just don’t understand. I know how to appreciate a good nap though. The problem is there’s so much else that needs to be done if I decided to take a nap everyday. I don’t want to waste my only alone time of the day sleeping.
Well, for the past few days I have resolved to set aside all the laundry/cleaning/blogging for other times of the day. Instead, I have been relishing in the wonderful power nap.
In order to feel better about myself (and anyone else who wants to take a stand for naps), I have written a complete list of reasons to take a nap.
10 Reasons to Take a Nap
- Your child is going through the 4 month, 12 month, 18 month (any month) sleep regression or wonder week (more like hell week). In this instance, a nap is a safety precaution. We don’t need any tired mommas on the road.
- Your child is teething. Do we really need all those teeth? I had no idea how much turmoil those silly, little baby teeth could cause.
- You enjoyed yourself a little too much on your mom’s night out. Thoughts during the night out, “Yeah!! I’m finally out without the kids! Who wants shots?!” Thoughts the morning after, “Whyyyyy?”
- It’s good for you. Certain studies show that taking naps are actually healthy for you. Though, I do wonder if those researchers just wanted an excuse to take a mid-day nap? See, studies prove that you should allow us to take daily naps!
- You don’t feel like cleaning up the toys that will most likely be scattered all over the house the moment nap time is over. I really don’t know why I ever pick up toys.
- You stayed up watching just one more episode of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. It’s only a half hour show! What’s one more? 5 hours later…
- Your toddler is afraid of the dark. We fortunately have not had to deal with this yet, but I’m scared… very scared.
- You are pretty confident carrying around a toddler all day counts as exercise. Now it is time for rest.
- You are so tired you have lost the ability to sleep at night. This makes no sense to me. I’m tired all day only to toss and turn when I finally get the chance to sleep.
- You spent a little too much time reading Mommy blogs on the internet. But, certainly I need to know the 10 potential hazards hidden in your baby’s room.
**Bonus: You are pregnant!
Yes, this is the main reason for why I have been embracing the naps lately. Good Papa, W and I will be expecting a new addition to our family this October. We are so excited, but I know naps will soon be a distant memory. I figure I better enjoy them while I can!
So, do you like taking naps or no? Let me know in the comment section below!