Naps are one of the most amazing things in this world. There’s nothing like a good, power nap right in the middle of the day to boost your energy and wipe away some of that endless fatigue that so often accompanies motherhood.
Now, if only I could somehow make my stubborn toddler see the beauty of the nap.
You don’t know how good you have it! You have the opportunity to enjoy uninterrupted sleep for 2-3 hours (however long you want, really) every, single day.
Toddlers just don’t understand. I know how to appreciate a good nap though. The problem is there’s so much else that needs to be done if I decided to take a nap everyday. I don’t want to waste my only alone time of the day sleeping.
Well, for the past few days I have resolved to set aside all the laundry/cleaning/blogging for other times of the day. Instead, I have been relishing in the wonderful power nap.
In order to feel better about myself (and anyone else who wants to take a stand for naps), I have written a complete list of reasons to take a nap.
10 Reasons to Take a Nap
- Your child is going through the 4 month, 12 month, 18 month (any month) sleep regression or wonder week (more like hell week). In this instance, a nap is a safety precaution. We don’t need any tired mommas on the road.
- Your child is teething. Do we really need all those teeth? I had no idea how much turmoil those silly, little baby teeth could cause.
- You enjoyed yourself a little too much on your mom’s night out. Thoughts during the night out, “Yeah!! I’m finally out without the kids! Who wants shots?!” Thoughts the morning after, “Whyyyyy?”
- It’s good for you. Certain studies show that taking naps are actually healthy for you. Though, I do wonder if those researchers just wanted an excuse to take a mid-day nap? See, studies prove that you should allow us to take daily naps!
- You don’t feel like cleaning up the toys that will most likely be scattered all over the house the moment nap time is over. I really don’t know why I ever pick up toys.
- You stayed up watching just one more episode of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. It’s only a half hour show! What’s one more? 5 hours later…
- Your toddler is afraid of the dark. We fortunately have not had to deal with this yet, but I’m scared… very scared.
- You are pretty confident carrying around a toddler all day counts as exercise. Now it is time for rest.
- You are so tired you have lost the ability to sleep at night. This makes no sense to me. I’m tired all day only to toss and turn when I finally get the chance to sleep.
- You spent a little too much time reading Mommy blogs on the internet. But, certainly I need to know the 10 potential hazards hidden in your baby’s room.
**Bonus: You are pregnant!
Yes, this is the main reason for why I have been embracing the naps lately. Good Papa, W and I will be expecting a new addition to our family this October. We are so excited, but I know naps will soon be a distant memory. I figure I better enjoy them while I can!
So, do you like taking naps or no? Let me know in the comment section below!
Congratulations!!! (Phew, so I didn’t know already!) That is so exciting! I remember embracing the nap too when I was expecting my second. You need your rest!
Tarynn Playle recently posted…BeliBea Nursing Bra (Review)
YAY!!! So excited for you! Great way to announce it too! I can’t wait to read about your journey…I will live vicariously through yoU!!!
Kristen recently posted…Mourning the End of the Baby Phase
You already know this since you are my daughter but I nap almost every day. I always have and always plan to. I used to have to sleep for at least a half hour before I felt better, but after years of practice, I feel better if I fall asleep only for a minute or two. I sleep great at night too. I guess it’s a talent, haha.
Whoo hoo about the new baby. Take naps now, they are hard to get with two. W looks adorable as always. I don’t know how you always manage to get just the right pic of him to go with your captions!
Oh, I actually NEVER need a nap when the grandkids are visiting!
WOOHOO!!! Congrats!!!!!! I hope you’re feeling well!!
And #9 is my life 🙁
Jacqui recently posted…A Day in the Life of a Stay at Home Mom
How exciting! Congratulations. Naps are great! If I’m completely exhausted and my husband is home I will try to take one.
Melissa Matters recently posted…Staying Calm When Your Child Gets Hurt
I saw the announcement the other day, but haven’t said congratulations yet. CONGRATULATIONS! So exciting!! And yeah, take all the naps you can. The first part of pregnancy is exhausting.
Lauren recently posted…Quiz: What’s Your Parenting Super Power?
Oh, congrats! That is the best reason of all to nap!
Emily recently posted…Food Revolution Day is coming soon!
These are PERFECT! I could relate to every single one of these, thank you so much! This deserves a pin on my Pinterest board! (:
Suzanne recently posted…The Quick and Green Spring Clean: The Garage, Outside, and your Cars
Yep, No 9 🙁
I believe in these studies 🙂 Nap time is a blessed time!
I hope you will share your post with our Link Up – Idea box:
Mila recently posted…Idea Box -Thursday Link Party #8
Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations!!!! I am so behind.. I just saw this since I was reading the toddler brain booster post! YAY!!!!
Lauren recently posted…Books my Kids Are Loving in May