I didn’t really get into radishes until I met my husband.
He’s a huge fan.
We normally eat them raw with other veggies or in a salad.
I have been itching to mix it up a bit with radishes. They have that nice, peppery flavor and a gorgeous color.
They turned out to be a nice addition to a black bean and corn side dish recipe my mom passed along to me.
It’s tasty and versatile.
It can be used as a salsa with some corn chips, a side dish or even a healthy, vegan main dish when paired with some rice.
It can be served warm, room temperature or even cold out of the fridge.
If you have a bean or corn lover in your family, it’s a great way to get them to try new veggies.
Though, the best thing about my Black Bean & Radish Salad Recipe is that it only takes about 7 minutes to put together.
I used frozen corn and a can of black beans to make the meal super easy, but you can just as easily use fresh ingredients if you have more time.
I had cilantro in mind when I was making this dish, but the grocery store did not have any.
Instead, I just used the nutrient-packed radish greens as a substitute. They were just as tasty!
Visit my recipe page for more healthy, easy recipes for the entire family.
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 C frozen corn
- 1 C of red onion, finely chopped
- 6-7 radishes, julienned
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp chili pepper
- juice from half of a lime
- 1/2 cup radish greens* *cilantro would be nice in this dish too
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add frozen corn and sauté until defrosted (about 2 minutes).
- Add black beans, red onion, radish greens, lime juice and seasonings.
- Saute for a few minutes until warm (about 2-3 minutes).
- Eat warm, cold or room temperature!
Gluten Free Diary Free Vegan
Do you like radishes? Let me know your favorite way to eat them in the comment section below!