The day after Thanksgiving is just the best.
No, it’s not because it’s Black Friday.
The day after Thanksgiving is the first day it’s socially acceptable to start playing Christmas music all day, everyday.
Good Papa just shook his head and murmured the words, “you didn’t waste anytime,” when he realized I had already changed the station in his car.
I love Christmas music and I don’t care who knows it!
In fact, I refuse to listen to anything else, including my usual workout playlist.
Fortunately, there are plenty of upbeat Christmas songs to add to your workout playlist right now!
After you got your playlist, hop over and check out how to stay fit during the holidays.
20 Christmas Songs to Add to your Workout Playlist
1. Santa Tell Me by Ariane Grande- Here’s a cute, upbeat song that’s very catchy.
2. Linus & Lucy by Vinnie Guaraldi Trio- How can you stop yourself from moving during this song?
3. Sleigh Ride by FUN- I really like FUN’s version of this song; it’s modern, but a lot of fun.
4. All I Need Is Love by Cee Lo Green featuring the Muppets- This is such a happy song and the MUPPETS!
5. O Come, All Ye Faithful by tobyMac- Okay, I seriously can’t stop singing this song. I swear W rolled his eyes at me the other day when I started singing it yet again.
6. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by N’sync- I really thought this was the BEST Christmas album ever at one point in time. Maybe I still do.
7. Marshmallow World by Francesca Battistelli- Do you find yourself bopping along to this song during the Target commercial too?
8. Step Into Christmas by Elton John- This is very cheesy, but I don’t care. It makes me want to sign up for an aerobics class.
9. Run Rudolph Run by Chuck Berry- This song is the perfect motivation to run a little faster and a little further.
10. Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms- This just makes me want to dance.
11. Come On! Let’s Boogey to the Elf Dance! by Sufjan Stevens- I don’t know why I’m just now discovering this guy. He has SO many Christmas songs!
12. Rockin Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee- Here’s another classic that’ll make you want to dance.
13. Feliz Navidad
by Jose’ Feliciano- This song always puts me in a good mood.
14. Last Christmas by Wham!- This is such a silly song, but I can’t help but sing along. Try not to sing out loud at the gym.
15. Do They Know It’s Christmas? by Band Aid- Here’s another one that seriously will not get out of my head! Feed the WOORRLLDDDD!!
16. Santa Claus is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen- Sometimes I forget that this is even a Christmas song.
17. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy by Pentatonix- I love this group. It’s amazing the music they make with just their voices.
18. Carol of the Bells by Trans Siberian Orchestra- I saw the Trans Siberian Orchestra in concert. Rock n’ roll + Christmas music + laser light show = awesomeness
19. That’s What Christmas Means to Me by Stevie Wonder- I cannot put my finger on where this song is from. Is it a commercial? A movie? I don’t know, but it’s very catchy!
20. All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey- I saved the best for last. I dare you to press play and not jump up, dance and start singing this song.
What do you think of my 20 Christmas Songs to Add to your Workout Playlist? Let me know if I missed any of your favorite upbeat Christmas songs in the comment section.
Awesome post! We are totally digging Christmas songs right now too!
Kristen recently posted…DIY Sharpie Mugs With Kids
Thanks, Kristen! I just love Christmas music!
Awesome playlist! Thanks so much for putting this together. Music always gets me in the Christmas spirit. I love Pentatonix! Their Christmas album is amazing.
Michelle recently posted…6 Reasons to buy wine at Costco
Thanks, Michelle! Yes! I love their album too. They are so amazing.
A lot of new songs here for me! Thanks, my running playlist has about five songs on it that I’m tired of listening to.
Melissa Matters recently posted…How to Prevent Your Kids From Having a Holiday Meltdown
My running playlist needed an update too!
You named a lot of good ones AND a lot I haven’t heard of. I guess I better start listening!!
Lauren recently posted…You’re Thinking of Buying Her WHAT for Christmas?!
Thanks, Lauren! I like a mix of classic and new songs.
Oh yes – I stiill need to work out don’t I? THANKS!
Mary Ellen recently posted…7 Tips To Help Your Child Sleep This Holiday Season
haha, I know it can be difficult to find time to workout during the holidays!
Great list! Love all these songs!
miranda @lemonsandlaughs recently posted…Sea Salt Chocolate Reindeer
Last Christmas by Wham! is always one of my favorite songs to sing in the car!
Jeanine @MommyEntourage recently posted…Creating Christmas Traditions for Your Family #HealthyEssentials
Yes, me too!
Awesome playlist! Would be perfect for our road trip!
Oh, I’m glad I could help, Sarah!
What great holiday inspiration!
Brandi recently posted…Friday Freebie: Printable Christmas Gift Tags
LOVED this list!!!!!!! I want to make it a CD!
Reesa, if you click on the iTunes graphic right above the comments it’ll take to a list of all the songs to download.
Unbelievable list!! This is a page to bookmark. Have to make my list soon too…
Gina B recently posted…Starting a Christmas Tradition: 5 Tips for Collecting Ornaments
Thank you, Gina!
Great list. We love a lot of these already!
Great list! I’m always looking for some good holiday music!
Christmas music doesn’t really make me feel like working out, but I can definitely blast these songs while tackling my mile-long to do list…
Amanda recently posted…Home for the Holidays
Yes, I’m sure Christmas music while working out is not for everyone! I definitely like playing these songs while getting ready for the holidays too.
George Michael’s Last Christmas is the BEST! I remember it from high school and totally singing it with meaning! Lol! Who doesn’t love all of the fluffy hairdues?!
Feed the World original from the 80s is bar far a better version than the remake!
Also, forgot “Merry Christmas” by the Waitresses!
Great suggestion, Rose! I forgot about that song. I actually agree with you on the 80s version being better than the remake.
i love the idea of a xmas playlist, i think i’m going to create one in my spotify. Without a doubt feliz navidad is my favorite (maybe because i’m Spanish)
Shere recently posted…Xmas gifts for travelers kids can make
Feliz Navidad is such a great song! I find myself singing that song to myself even when it’s not Christmas time.
“Last Christmas” reduces me to a singing mess, with a fake microphone and everything, because you HAVE to sing it.
Lynne Streeter Childress recently posted…Seeing the House Half-Messy
LOVE your list!
My current favorites are on it (which makes me smile).
love, love, love pentatonix
bekki@a better way to homeschool recently posted…Homeschooling Through the Holidays
I LOVE this post !!! And it makes total sense I’m always dancing around the house to Christmas music, of course it needs to be on the workout list !
Amanda Long recently posted…the dreaded chore & the savings that goes with it
The childhood spent by listening to Jingle Bell, Santa is coming to town, and wish you merry Christmas. Still I love them
Quratt ul ain Siddique recently posted…Christmas Cards 2015: Top 50 Handmade Cards To Wish The Happy Occasion
I have noticed you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic, you
can earn additional cash every month because you’ve
got high quality content. If you want to know how to make extra
bucks, search for: Boorfe’s tips best adsense alternative
FirstWendi recently posted…FirstWendi
Each of us comes with a suitable understanding of the information supplied to the general public, so that
I truly enjoyed the article and anticipated
you to provide us with more things similar to this .
Fletcher recently posted…Fletcher