What a great start the Good Family has had to the month of August!
We just celebrated W’s first birthday, our 2nd anniversary, and now I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Parenting Meltdowns. Thank you so much for nominating me!
This is an award that gives bloggers a chance to collaborate and learn about other bloggers.
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You have to answer all the questions you were given by the person who nominated you.
- You must choose 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and come up with a new set of 11 questions for them.
- Let your nominees know they’ve been nominated.
Here it goes…
1. Why did you start your blog?
It was July. It was the time of year I previously began gathering teaching supplies, getting ready for September. W was approaching one and I was beginning to feel a little restless. I thought blogging would be a great way to release all my creative energy. It has been a lot of fun so far!
2. What do you do to get inspired to write?
I am a teacher at heart. I like to plan out what I am going to write ahead of time. I take a look at what events are coming up in my life and take it from there.
3. What is your favorite food?
If I had to eat peanut butter toast for the rest of my life I would be quite satisfied.
4. If you could travel the world, where would you go?
I would love to travel to Europe. I totally should have studied abroad!
5. Did your life turn out as planned?
I could not have planned my life any better. I love my family. I love my life.
6. What is your favorite song?
I like a lot of music. I am continually singing throughout the day. W loves my singing (for now). I am going to go with Walking on a Dream by Empire of the Sun. Good Papa and I first heard it and instantly loved it while watching the ridiculous movie Hall Pass. We even walked into our wedding reception to the song. Anytime I hear the song, it makes me smile.
7. Which one of your posts is your favorite?
I don’t have too many to choose from since I just started blogging. That being said, I think I’ll have to go with my post on How to Survive Your First Year of Motherhood. It was really nice to reflect on the past year and to remember what a crazy ride the first year was as a first time parent. I am super excited that this post was just featured on Mommy A to Z Manic Mondays Blog Hop!
8. What word would you use to describe yourself?
9. Do you speak a second language?
You would think that I would be able to speak a second language considering the amount of semesters I spent in Spanish class. Hola! Me llamo Patricia! That’s about all I know.
10. What do you do for yourself when you get a moment alone?
When I get a moment alone I either like to exercise (go for a long run), maybe paint my nails or just spend some time reading on the computer or watching TV.
11. Would you rather have a unicorn or a dragon? (lol random)
Definitely a dragon (I love Game of Thrones)!
Well, that was fun! Now for my nominees…
1. The Train Driver’s Wife– A blog written by a mother of a baby very close in age to W. She posts the cutest and most creative ideas for little ones. I just love all of her fun, messy ideas!
2. IQMom– This blog has seriously the most beautiful pictures!
3. Mama by Fire– A really funny blog written by another stay-at-home mom.
4. My Reflection of Something– A homeschooling mama who has great ideas and beautiful pictures.
5. Life Blooming– I get a lot of great blogging advice from this blog!
6. The Domestic Duck– This is my lovely and talented sister-in-law’s blog. She has taken a little break from blogging, but I am hoping this award will encourage her to start back up. She knits, sews, cooks- I wish she would do it all for me!
My Questions for You!
1. What types of blog posts are your favorite to read?
2. City or country (or somewhere in between)?
3. What’s your least favorite part about blogging?
4. What’s your favorite vacation spot?
5. What do you like to do for exercise?
6. What was your most embarrassing mommy moment?
7. Name your favorite blog that you follow.
8. What has made you cry most recently?
9. Do you like to plan your posts out ahead of time or are you a last minute type of blogger?
10. What’s the funniest thing your baby/kid(s) has done recently?
11. What would you do if you had a whole day to yourself?
Bloggers, don’t feel obligated to accept the Liebster Blog Award. Either way, I wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blogs and to keep up the great work!
Readers, I would love to hear from you. What are your favorite blogs that you like to follow?