My friend Colleen, from the recipe blog Souffle Bombay, gathered a 15 of her fellow Philly Social Media Bloggers to once again share ideas for celebrating Easter! That’s right it’s time for #AllThingsEaster!
From a Fizzy Bunny Mimosa to Strawberry Lemon Cake, Sweet & Savory Pies, Fun Treats for Kids and even 10 Brain Boosting Egg Hunt Ideas, we’ve got you covered with eats, treats and ideas to celebrate!
For even more ideas check out the collective post from last year that had 25 fabulous ideas for Easter breakfast, dinner, dessert, cocktails and even something unique to do with leftover Easter eggs. Plus Easter basket ideas, Easter fun & printables!
If you love Pinterest as much as we do…check out our popular All Things Easter Pinterest Board…follow along!
Whether you celebrate Easter, Spring or just a sunny day in general, we hope your day is filled with good times, good friends, good food and memories in the making!
Deviled Eggs and Ham Sandwich Recipe
Easter is almost here! It happens to coincide with my favorite season of the year. Spring brings milder days outside as the landscape changes from the dull white and gray shades of winter to beautiful bright greens and pastels.
Can you tell I’m just a tad bit sick of the snow?
Well, with Easter right around the corner, I can’t help but think of all the yummy things to eat on that day. We usually get together with my mom’s family (the same ones we just saw at our St. Patrick’s Day party). We have ham, a bunch of tasty sides and my favorite- deviled eggs.
Deviled eggs and ham are a staple for our Easter meal. Honestly, I could probably fill up my plate with deviled eggs and a slice of ham and be quite content. Since I love them so much, I thought a combination of the two would be like a dream come true.
This deviled eggs and ham sandwich is the perfect dish to make with your Easter leftovers or really any time you’re in the mood! It’s simple and oh so good.
- 6 eggs
- Sliced ham
- Romaine or any type of lettuce
- Slices of bread, lightly buttered on the outside
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- salt & pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- Place 6 eggs in a pot and fill with cold water about 1 inch above eggs. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, take the eggs off the heat, cover and let sit for about 13-14 minutes.
- Scoop eggs out with a slotted spoon, and immediately place in a bowl of ice water.
- Once eggs are cooled, peel eggs, slice in half and remove the yolks. Break the yolks up with a fork. Add mayonnaise and yellow mustard and combine until smooth. Add salt, pepper & paprika. Chop up egg whites.
- Saute the ham in a pan until warm. Layer the sandwich with ham, lettuce, egg whites and yolk mixture. You can eat the sandwiches room temperature or grill them up (I used a grill pan).
- Simply chop up your deviled eggs and add to a sandwich with a little lettuce and some ham.
More from #AllThingsEaster
There are so many other fabulous Easter posts. Be sure to check them all out!
Fun Easter Treats
Coconut Macaroon Egg Nests from The Farm Girl Gabs
Egg Shaped Marshmallow Krispie Treats from Souffle Bombay
Sunflower Butter Chocolate Easter Eggs from Courtney’s Sweets
Peeps S’mores from Can’t Google Everything
Easter Bunny Chow from Girl Gone Mom
Italian Easter Bread from A Grande Life
Delicious Easter Desserts
Strawberry Lemon Cake from A Turtles Life For Me
Carrot Poke Cake from It Is A Keeper
Italian Easter Pies: One sweet, one savory from Teaspoon of Spice
Gluten Free Carrot Cake with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting from Mamma Lew
White Chocolate Strawberry Cake Roll with Homemade Fudge Drizzle from We’re Parents!?
Black Beans and Coconut Tarts – Frejon from Afropolitan Mom
Fizzy Bunny Mimosa from O’ Boy Organic
Fun for Kids
10 Brain Boosting Egg Hunt Ideas (Without the Candy) from Mommy University
Tie Dyed Easter Eggs from 4 Hats And Frugal
What Easter recipe or activity are you excited to try? Let me know in the comments below!