I’ll admit I was a bit hesitant when I was offered a chance to test out and review a box of Sparkbox Toys– an educational toy rental service.
Am I really going to want to pack the toys up every month and ship them back?
Yet, the idea of a subscription toy rental service became instantly more appealing the moment I found myself face first on the ground after tripping over one of W’s toys.
With the holidays rapidly approaching, I know our toy pile will only continue to increase.
After shaking off my toy-related injury, I went straight to the computer, replied “yes” and eagerly anticipated our first Sparkbox.
W and I were so excited to dive into the box of Sparkbox toys when they arrived.
Inside we found four educational toys, two free samples, a free CD, a mesh bag for toy pieces and a UPS return label.
While W spent the morning playing with the toys, I came up with 5 Reasons to Sign Up for a Toy Subscription Box.
5 Reasons to Sign Up for a Toy Subscription Box
- Cuts down the clutter: I have learned fast that children outgrow toys just as fast as they outgrow clothes. I always try to stay on top of boxing up clothes to be saved for the next baby. Toys, on the other hand, I tend to let pile up in case W decides he wants to play with them again. I am determined to cut back on the amount of toys in our house, so the idea of renting toys is very appealing. With Sparkbox, W has a chance to play with a bunch of new toys that can be returned without taking up space in our home.
- Educational: As a former kindergarten teacher, I am a big believer in learning through play. It’s fascinating to watch baby’s manipulate toys and figure out puzzles for the first time. W went straight to the puzzle stacker after I opened the box. We have a similar toy already, but this puzzle stacker is a bit more challenging because you have to line the pieces up to get all the rings on. It was great to see W put so much focus on getting the puzzle just right.
- Engaging: Often times, I will find a toy and think W is going to LOVE this only to have it tossed aside after only a moment. It can be really difficult to know exactly what toys your child will love the most. The fact that every child is different does not help! W made it very clear which toys he favored in the Sparkbox. He went straight to the puzzle stacker and the Color Shapes Monkey. He was not as interested in the Dancing Alligator. I like that I can edit our Sparkbox for next time. It’s also nice to know that if W really likes something in the Sparkbox I am able to purchase it at a discount of the retail price.
- Clean & Green: I thought I was taking a gamble on the cleanliness of the toys received from a rental service. It’s not like W taste-tests each new toy he receives or anything. I was pleasantly surprised to find four toys in protectant wrap that looked brand new. I honestly had to reread the note sent along with the box because I was sure that these were brand new toys. Sparkbox toys uses only eco and child-friendly sterilization solutions. I also like the fact that Sparkbox uses eco-friendly vendors and reusable packaging.
- Cost efficient: It’s not too difficult to find yourself spending way too much money on toys for your child. With a subscription box, your child gets to play with a variety of toys without having to spend money on all of them. You can even start a 14 day free trial to see if Sparkbox is a good fit.
*BONUS Free Samples: I can’t forget to mention one of W’s favorite parts of receiving the Sparkbox Toys- the free samples. W devoured both packs of my super cookies and we enjoyed listening to the free CD of the Laurie Berkner Band.
What do you think of a toy subscription box? Let me know in the comment section below.