March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb, right? Besides one humongous snow storm, we haven’t had much of a winter. That’s alright with me though. I’m ready for spring.
I’m over drowning myself and my kids in purell after every trip out into public. I’m ready for soaking up the sunshine, trips to the park, picking flowers and spotting cute baby animals.
If you’ve had a difficult time staying active this past winter, March is the perfect month to jump back into it. Here are some ideas on how to stay active and Move It this March. Be sure to click on the calendar for a free printable!
31 Ways to Move It In March
- Indoor activities: March often starts with yucky winter weather, so it’s best to keep a few indoor exercise activities in your back pocket.
- Try a new group fitness class
- Run on the treadmill or elliptical
- Try one of the many youtube workout videos (Popsugar has some fun workout videos)
- Plug in your favorite workout DVD
- Challenge yourself: set a timer and see how many squats, push-ups, jumping jacks you can do in a minute. Or run up and down the stairs in your home during nap time.
- Head to the mall or a local museum and go for a walk
- Try out some winter activities, like ice skating or skiing, before it’s too late
- Try out one of those fun trampoline parks.
- Try some out of the box workout ideas.
- Outdoor activities: After the dreary days of winter are over, it’s nice to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. Here are some ideas on how to get moving this March outside.
- Get active with your kids. Play hopscotch, jump rope, run around the yard. Go on a nature walk or head to the park and have a picnic.
- Sign up for a late spring/summer 5K and start training!
- Head to the local zoo or farm.
- Try your hand at gardening
- Find out when your community is hosting a clean up day and volunteer
- Sign up for a spring sport, like softball or kickball
- Go on a bike ride
- Take advantage of the rain and go out and jump in some puddles
- Host an Easter Egg Hunt in your backyard.
How do you plan on staying active this March? Leave me a comment below!
OMG THANKS for the motivation. TOTALLY sharing, and stumbling and FB. You are so awesome with fitness, so lucky to follow you!
Kristen recently posted…The 30 Reasons My Kids Cried Today
This is great motivation to get out and stay active, no matter what the weather is like. My daughter and I like to go puddle jumping.
Wonderful post Trisha! Si important to keep moving and get our little moving too! You put together a fantastic list here!
PS We love Dance Parties in our house too!
Crystal Renaud recently posted…Spring Training In Motion
I LOVE this!!! Thank you for sharing!
HollieMuscles&Munchkins.com recently posted…My First Maternity Stitch Fix
LOVE this! We love taking hikes! And my daughter would totally approve of jumping in puddles! Thanks to Peppa Pig, she asks to jump in muddy puddles daily haha! Sharing!
Yes!! I love all of these!! My parents have a trampoline at their house and I usually just let the kids go on it, now I think I may join them! I love the calendar too!! Thank you for linking up with us!! #TakeTime
Tarynn Playle recently posted…Easter Candy Pretzel Bark
Can I just say what a relief to uncover an individual who actually understands what they’re discussing online.
You certainly know how to bring a problem to light and make it
important. A lot more people have to read this and
understand this side of your story. It’s surprising
you are not more popular because you certainly have the gift.
Wilburn recently posted…Wilburn