Yeah! It’s officially my due date! There’s still no sign of baby girl…
My first came three days late. He was also due on the 1st of the month, on a Thursday. I wouldn’t mind if baby number two decided to follow suit.
For someone who likes to plan things out, the end of pregnancy is just the worst. I can’t stand not being able to write “giving birth” on my calendar. I filled up my schedule with activities to keep my mind off of my due date, but I left my due date open. I know the odds are unlikely that I’ll give birth on my due date, but I still felt the need to leave that day open… just in case.
Now that the day has finally arrived, I have found myself with a day wide open to do whatever I please (with a toddler in tow of course). So, if you find yourself in the same boat as me at 40 weeks, here’s a list of 40 ways to keep busy on your due date.
40 Ways to Keep Busy on Your Due Date
- Go for a walk.
- Bounce on an exercise ball.
Do some squatsSquat down once and then lay on the floor for awhile.
- Go for a car ride. Try to find a bumpy road…
- Convince your husband to give you a massage.
- TAKE A NAP.
- Make some freezer meals… actually make them this time. These freezer meals from New Leaf Wellness are SO easy to make. All you have to do is prep the food, freeze and throw them in the crock pot all day.
- Head to the mall, walk around, stare at all the clothes you’ll be able to fit into soon enough… hopefully.
- Get a pedicure.
- Plan a date night.
- Eat a bunch of spicy food for dinner.
- Eat a bunch of pineapple… I know these old wive’s tales don’t work, but what’s wrong with a little pineapple and spicy food?
- Dance around with your toddler or all by yourself.
- Start a new netflix show (NOT Call of the Midwife).
- Start a new book.
- Do an art project with your toddler.
- Give your toddler some extra snuggles.
- Think about how easy life is with just one child.
- Text your brothers to remind you how wonderful it is to have a sibling.
- Start organizing every drawer/closet in your house. There’s no way that baby will let you get that job finished. Babies love interrupting plans.
Clean your houseHire someone to clean your house OR convince your husband to do it.
- Make a list of all the things you’ll be able to do when you are no longer pregnant… ride roller coasters, eat lunch meat, DRINK!
- Make a list of all the things you’ll no longer be able to do when you’re not pregnant… park in those special “expectant mother spots,” feel your baby move.
- Practice breathing techniques for labor.
- Make a playlist of songs that you probably won’t listen to during labor.
- Color with your toddler… it’s very relaxing.
- Answer all your text messages from people asking if you went into labor yet. No, not yet. Yes, I’m still pregnant.
- See what your baby will look like on one of those silly sites where you combine pictures of you and your partner… or, pray that is NOT how your baby will look.
- Nipple stimulation? This is apparently the only thing that has been proven to induce labor, according to Dr. Google.
- Walk up and down the stairs a bunch of times.
- Take your toddler to the park… swing on the swings. Use the force of gravity, right?
- Do some nice yoga stretches, like cat/cow pose.
- Talk to your baby. Inform her that it’s your due date, maybe she forgot.
- Take a look at all the pictures you took while pregnant. Make a photo book!
- Take a nice, relaxing bath.
- Try out different, easy hairstyles that you can pull together in 5 minutes or less.
- Make some labor cookies. You had me at cookie.
- Have sex… if you feel up to it.
- Close your eyes and SLEEP!
More on Pregnancy
- 6 Easy Exercises to Prepare for Labor
- 8 Fabulous Benefits of Pregnancy
- 7 Ways to Stay Active for a Healthy Pregnancy
With our first child we were building the crib when I started to go into labor!
Micaela @MindfulMomma recently posted…Haven Home Care Products GIVEAWAY!
Ha ha! I love these! I hope your baby comes soon! I remember with my first I was miserable near the end, but you look beautiful. Best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery. Can’t wait to see pictures!
Shann Eva recently posted…September Goals Complete, October Set
Hang in there. Call your Mom! have a glass of wine. Go to bed early.
Great tips! When I was waiting for my due date I can remember binge watching on tv series! I was such a couch potato! LOL Wishing you a safe delivery!
Jhanis recently posted…Home Remedies for UTI
I like the idea of massages and cookies… especially if they are provided by your husband! Great list!
Mommy A to Z recently posted…W is for… Wednesday Weird Parenting News
These are all great ideas!! I was thinking about you today. If your little lady hasn’t arrived yet, good luck!! Can’t wait to see pics!!
Tarynn Playle recently posted…Halloween in the Air