I love rice krispie treats. I love how easy they are to make. I love that you don’t have to bake them. And, I love the taste!
I don’t love that they are pretty much ooey-gooey bars of straight sugar. I mean, there’s nothing wrong with marshmallows every once in awhile, but I’m trying my best to cut back on all the unnecessary sugar. You certainly won’t find much nutritional value in regular rice krispie treats.Got 5 minutes? Whip up these delicious, marshmallow-free Peanut-Butter Rice Krispie Treats. Click To Tweet
So, what better way to up the nutritional value of my favorite krispie treats then to cut out the marshmallows and add in some unsweetened peanut butter with a bit of honey. My no-bake peanut butter rice krispie treats recipe are simple to make, so delicious and filled with a lot more protein and healthy fat than your standard rice krispie treat.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
We are headed down the shore fairly soon, so I’m looking for easy treats to pack on our trip. I can’t wait to whip up these peanut butter rice krispie treats and share them with the rest of the family. I just have to find some way to keep my toddler from consuming them all…
So, if you have 5 minutes, you can easily put these together! I also like that they are filled with ingredients I typically have in the house.
- 1 C peanut butter, unsweetened with no added salt
- 1/2 C honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt *optional
- 6 C brown rice krispies *You can use regular kind too
- 1/2 C enjoy life dairy-free chocolate chips *I used these because they are what I had on hand, but you can use regular chocolate chips, substitute with raisins or even just leave them out.
- Heat peanut butter, honey, vanilla and salt in a pan for a few minutes until warm.
- Mix wet ingredients with rice krispies in a bowl.
- Pat mixture down into a pan lined with parchment paper. Let sit for about 30 minutes.
- You can eat them room temperature. I like to keep them in the fridge or freezer.