I don’t know about you, but I love when the weather turns warms. I’m not a huge fan of gyms or working out inside, so it gives me a great excuse to get outside and exercise.
The only problem with exercising outside is that I typically work out during nap time, so I can’t really sneak outside while they are sleeping inside. Instead, I’ve been trying to think of creative ways to workout while my kids can be outside with me.
It’s a win-win. I get my workout in, my kids get to play outside, and then I get the opportunity to nap during nap time. Yeah!
Last week, I shared some ideas on games to play with you kids that also function as a workout, but this week I’m taking it a step further. Here’s a quick, but intense Hopscotch HIIT workout you can do in just 7 minutes.
Channel Your Inner Child With a Hopscotch HIIT Workout
This workout is perfect to do while your kids are playing outside. Simply draw the hopscotch court on some pavement, then pass the rest of the chalk to your kids while you get your workout in. Your older kids might not be able to resist joining you!Feel like a kid again with this 7 minute Hopscotch HIIT workout! Click To Tweet
HIIT workouts, high intensity interval training, are a great option for busy moms. They are super fast, but super intense. They are the best bang for your buck when it comes to workouts. Just be sure to get in a 4-5 minute warm-up and cool-down before and after you workout.
What You’ll Need:
- Warm-up: Be sure to get your muscles nice and warm for 4-5 minutes before starting this and any workout. Arm circles, lunges, squats, and jumping jacks are just some examples of movements you can do.
- 5 movements: Do these five moments 5 times each, then enjoy an active rest for 30 seconds before moving on to the next movement. Active rest= rest, but keep moving!
- Basic hopscotch: Just hop through the hopscotch court normally.
- Basic hopscotch with squat jumps: Now, hop through the hopscotch court, except whenever you get to two squares together do a squat jump.
- Basic hopscotch with push-ups: Now, hop through the hopscotch court, except whenever you get to two squares together do a push-up
- Basic hopscotch with a jumping jack: Now, hop through the hopscotch court, except whenever you get to two squares together do a jumping jack.
- Basic hopscotch with a lateral jump: Now, hop through the hopscotch court, except whenever you get to two squares together do a lateral jump.
- Bonus: Rest for a minute, then repeat!
- Cool-down: Don’t forget to cool down for 4-5 minutes after. You can walk around and stretch.
Here’s a video I made to show you the moves!
For more workouts and tips, follow my workout board on Pinterest!
Be sure to get your doctor’s approval before doing this or any workout!
Katie and I will have to try this one! You are adorable – I can totally see us doing this at the shore for our #fitnessfrenzy theme!
What a fun workout. I am going to give this a try!
Shelah recently posted…Shapes, Colors, and Numbers Dice Games
God damm, I am quite happy that I have found the required article after a lot of hours of googling.
This short article https://bestvacuumforhardwoodfloors.org/best-cordless-vacuum-for-hardwood-floors-2018.html, which I’ve read was
no bad in accordance with the particular topic, but
you’ve done a definitely better job, man. I truly enjoy your work!
Teodoro recently posted…Teodoro